Friday, June 3, 2016

[Review] Addicted To You by Krista and Becca Ritchie


She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.
 
No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.
 
Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.
 
But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.
 
Their real vice may be each other.

You can read if for FREE:

Review
Addicted To You is a book I read a while back. Jae, an amazing person that I have met in this blogger community, recommended it. She told me to read this series and I did. Addicted To You was something I did not expect. I did not expect to love these two beautiful characters. I did not expect to fall in love with their story as much as I did. Let me tell you, I lived, breathed, and felt this world. It was a story that embedded itself into my soul. It was written perfectly.

Addicted To You is a story about two addicts. Once is an alcoholic and the other a sex addict. I wasn’t sure how this story was going to go, but by the end of the book I was proud and I was hurting. The ending tore me apart. It left me with a big whole in my heart, like the other half of my heart was missing. That is just how powerful it was.
Loren Hale. Oh so sexy, and so addicted to alcohol. His character drew me to him. The way he talks, the way he controls you is just incredibly hot. He just knows how to draw a woman in. But he sees no one else but Lily Calloway. And that right there is why you love him. He is so in love with this girl that it makes you melt for him. When a guy is so completely in love with a girl?! Swoon inducing! I don’t think that I have every felt a guys words this much! What he says, I feel it. It’s the way he says I love you to Lily, with so much affection and truth, that I knew he was unlike any other. And when you read this book, you’ll understand. 
Lily. I don’t even know where to being with you. Your sex addiction is what defined you but it was not what I saw. I saw you as this beautiful girl that was completely in love with Lo. You were a fun character to meet. Something about your shyness was endearing. The way you came to your senses by trying to help someone you love and letting him do what was right for him was amazing. Lily’s addiction was hard. It made your heart hurt for her. The urges she had but the want to stop it was compelling. Lily, you’re just something else! I love your character!

Addicted To You was not your typical book but it’s a book that you NEED in your life. You don’t know what you’re missing. Give this book, and these the chance they deserve. I can guarantee you that you will love them just as much as I did.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...