Thursday, July 14, 2016

[ Blogiversary ] Blogger Interview: Bri from @bribookconfessions

Blogger Interview: Brianna
Hello everyone! Let’s give a warm welcome to Bri from @bribookishconfessions! She is awesome and I love all of her photos! I have been following her a while and we buddy read The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It was a lot of fun and I am keeping her as a reading buddy LOL. You are stuck with me Bri! Ok, so I have a few questions to ask you!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hey guys! Well, I’m a college student wanting to go into teaching (SOO excited), I have a couple more years left. I’ve been a blogger since 2013 although not as consistent. I’m mostly on Instagram and Facebook the most. I’m a die hard Twilight fan… It’s what started my love for reading!

How did you become a blogger?

Just kind of happened really! I got back into reading the summer of 2013 and starting watching BookTube which lead to my sister and I starting a channel. I then ventured to create my blog, Brianna’s Bookish Confessions and here I am now!

What is your favorite part of blogging?

Since I tend to “blog” more on Instagram, I love how free I am to post what I want. I feel it’s easier to blog from Insta, than from a blog. I love how supportive the book community is! We all share a love for reading and I love that I can gush and others will have the same feelings! I’ve made soo many amazing friends through being a blogger as well as social media!

What is the hardest part of blogging and how do you overcome that?

Having to run it from my computer. Nowadays I’m not on my computer as often which is needed to have a blog. It’s too complicated to set up posts from my iPad or my phone. I try and set up any posts ahead of time so I’m not stressing over it. Avoiding stress is the biggest thing! Blogging is supposed to be fun.

Have you always loved taking pictures of books or is this a recent obsession?

YES!!! As I mentioned previously, I’m on Instagram ALL. THE. TIME. I’m no photographer and I don’t take the world’s best pictures, but I always have fun doing it. I’m in no ways a creative person and this makes me feel like I am. ;)

What inspires your photos?

Other people who post or even books I read! My biggest advice for those looking to start a bookstagram, pick your own theme! Don’t follow what others post – make yours unique!

Which bloggers/bookstagramers inspire you?

Ohh goodness, there’s soo many! My 2 favorite bloggers who I follow like crazy are Aesta’s Book Blog and Natasha is a Book Junkie (you should follow them if you’re not already!) As for bookstagram? Umm, I do adore @_halfbl00dprincess, @youngadultbookaddict, & @lisa_lostinlit. Those ladies have some the most GORGEOUS pictures ever!

What makes you decide to when buy a book?

Social media BIG time! Especially Facebook – I’m always finding sales from everyone. I fall to the peer pressure (let’s be honest—there’s none) and the one-click button!

Favorite Genres?

Almost anything really! I love YA paranormal, dystopian, sci-fi, you name it! However, lately I’ve just been reading books in the NA genre or even sometimes adult. I haven’t really branched from the romance genre though.

Favorite author?

STEPHENIE MEYER! She’s the reason I’m even a reader today!

Who is your ultimate book boyfriend?

EDWARD CULLEN.  Okay… I’ll give you another… Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. He’s the reason my last name on social media is Maddox. ;)

What advice would you give to new bloggers that are just starting off?

Don’t stress! Go at your own pace; post what you love not what others would want. Don’t stick to a rigorous schedule, start out slow. If in time, you want to start really getting into it like some bigger bloggers, go for it!

If you could be any animal what would you choose to be and why?

Ohh, I hate these kinds of questions. :P I’m so indecisive! Can I just be generic and say a dog!? I love dogs – they are so incredibly sweet and adorable! I love their personalities and just how loyal they are!

Favorite hobby other than reading?

There’s life outside of reading!? :P Just kidding! Honestly… I don’t really have any.. I’m a boring person. Does binge watching TV shows count? What about book collecting. ;)

Thank you Bri! I loved having you here today! It was awesome getting to know you better! We will be in touch! I have a lot of books that I plan on buddy reading with you! If you are up to it!

BRING IT ON! ;) Thank you for having me!


Take a look at some of these AMAZING PICTURES by BRI!



 


Stalk Bri

2 comments :

  1. This is a great interview. I love seeing the reasons people have behind blogging and seeing that they live what they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Wow, so many paperbacks?! I wish I had so many! Love the interview and knowing more behind why you're blogging - H

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...