Thursday, December 28, 2017

Top 10 Books of 2017

10 – A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
This series is everything to me and I love Rhysand and Feyre so much, as well as the members of the Night Court's Inner Circle. I loved this book, though book two still remains my favorite. It was full of so much action and movement. I loved that we got more of the amazing characters in the book. It had me full of anxiety and I loved every turn this book took.


Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times Bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war beard down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be pained as red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all. 







9 – Logan by Jay McLean
Logan by Jay McLean was such an amazing book that hits right in the feels. It is a book with a boy that has such a deep and hurtful past. It is a part of him and who he is. This book left me shedding a few tears and finding a romance that made my heart swell. Logan deserves all the best and this book was his painful journey. It might kill you to read these words, but it is all worth it.

As a kid, Logan Preston was a brat.
Through his teens, he became the bad boy.
Now, at nineteen, no one knows what the hell to expect.
High school dropout, Logan Preston is a
good-for-nothing stoner.
A black sheep.
A disappointment.
The worst Preston Punk of the lot.
At least that's how everyone in his mall town
makes him feel.
But Logan Preston has secrets.
Secret so dark and so deep below the surface that the only way he can fight them is to stay
high, high, high.
He wears cockiness as a mask.
Arrogance as his armor.
Until one girl, one night, asks one life-changing question;
What's beneath the bravado, Logan Preston?


8 – Darkness Matters by Jay McLean
I don't even know what to say about this book other than read it now. Jay McLean is the master of words and she crafts deep books with even deeper words that mean so much. Now and in the future, these words will live in my heart. Thet have so much meaning in life and it just something that hits you. These are hard issues that Jay McLean voices that need to be voiced. Darkness Matters.


It's the same old story, really.
Good versus evil.
Heroes versus villains.
LIght versus dark.
For two years, college freshman Noah Morgan lived his life somewhere in the middle, fighting
darkness and light, always searching for answers to a single question:
Why, Noah, why?
The same three words keep him up at night, struggling for air while gripping a plastic cylinder containing white pills to match the white label with his name printed in ink as deep and dark as
his memories – memories that turned him into a recluse.
A shut-in.
An introvert.
Luckily for him, that's not how the girl next door sees him.




7 – Enrage by Rachel Van Dyken

Rachel Van Dyken knows how to bring the suspense, anxiety, and mafia. She just always writes so well!! I cling to every word sand Enrage did just that. Dante was a new addition and I didn't know much about him. This book did him justice. It was not what I thought he would be but man was it thrilling. If you want a mafia series, this is the one for you. Trust me. 

Part of a world I loathe.
Part of a family who hates me more than I hate myself.
Living with a girl who reminds me of my darkness.
I'm. In. Hell.
Also known as the Cosa Nostra.
My life was over the minute I stepped off that plane.
Son to a murdered mob boss.
Heir to a throne of murder and lies.
My name is Dante Nicolasi.
And there will be blood.

6 – Stay by AL Jackson
Stay by AL Jackson was the book I was waiting for in this series. It was absolute perfection. No doubt that Ash Evans is my favorite of the band. I love how tough but soft he is. He just melted my heart and I fell hard for him. There was so much going on in this book and I just kept getting more and more into it as the book advanced. It is just brilliant. This rockstar series is amazing. 


I'm Ash Evans.
The life of the party.
Hot. Rich. Charismatic.
A tattoed rock star with the world at my feet.
I burn through women faster than the strike of a match.
I've embraced my lifestyle and live it to the fullest.
Until the day my lifestyle caught up with me.
Willow Langston found me at my lowest.
Literally.
Facedown in a puddle of my own blood.
I owe her my life and I have three months to repay that debt.
What I never should have done was touch her. Kiss her. Take her to my bed.
Love wasn't supposed to be a part of the equation.
I gave up that nasty complication a long damned time ago.
Now I want her more than my next breath.
But she doesn't know what I know.
Do I leave to protect her? Or can I face my demons and ask her to Stay?


5 – Casanova by Emma Hart
Gahhh!!! This book melted my heart to complete goo. Emma Hart always knows how to write books that revive my heart. I was so into this book. It gave me goosebumps with how good it was. Brett, Jeez. This man was a lot more than I was expecting. He just drew me with his alpha personality but once you go deeper he has this gooey sweetness inside him. I LOVED THAT. It was just so good. Once I read it I couldn't stop talking about how good this book is. 



Once upon a time, I loved him.
He broke me and he didn't even know it.
I ran from him.
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.
Death brought me home to him.
Brett Walker.
Drop dead gorgeous and filthy mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners.
A casanova to his core.
My ex-best friend.
And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him – the same reputation I'm tasked with turning
to gold... Or so they think.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all...




4 – The Player and The Catch by K. Bromberg
THESE TWO BOOK. Oh my gosh. First, let me talk about the covers. Take a moment and look at them. They are unbelievably HOT. And the words inside the book??? Even better. I can't express just how right these two books are. K. Bromberg really wrote the perfect sports romance in these two books. It is about baseball with the perfect two main characters. They work so well together. And the guy is just unbelievably perfect and charismatic. I fell in love and was absolutely hooked on these books. I couldn't put them down. If you are a sports romance fan then these are definitely your books. And if you are not? Well, they are still your books. Read them. 



Easton Wylder is a baseball royalty. The game is his life. His passion. His everything. 
So, when an injury threatens to end Easton's season early, the team calls in the renowned
physical therapist, Doc Dalton, to oversee his recovery. Except it's not Doc who greets Easton
for his first session, but rather his daughter, Scout. She may be feisty, athletic, defiant,
and gorgeous, but Easton is left questioning whether she has what it takes to help him.
Scout Dalton's out to prove a female can handle the pressure of running the physical therapy
regimen of an MLB club. And that proof comes in the form of getting phenom Easton Wylder
back on the field. But getting him healthy means being hands-on.
And with a man as irresistible as Easton, being hands-on can only lead to one thing, trouble.
Because the ore she touches him, the more she wants him, and she can't want him. Not when
it's her job to side in the club's best interest if he's ready to play.
But when sparks fly and fine lines are crossed, can they withstand the heat or is one of them
bound to get burned?



After an unexpected twist of fate, All-Star catcher Easton Wylder is left questioning the loyalty
of everyone around him.
Even the woman who shares his bed, Scout Dalton.
But if Easton thought being uprooted to the last place he expected was the only challenge life had to throw at him, he was dead wrong.
With an ailing shoulder and his career in limbo, his decision to make an unexpected change
leads him to question everything – Scout's love, family loyalties, and whether he can conquer
the one obstacle he's never been able to overcone. The secret he's never shared with anyone.
He may be a man pushed to his limits, but he's hell-bent on proving his worth no matter the cost. 






3 – Royally Matched by Emma Chase

This book is bookworms dream. Perfection in all its royalty. It is about a sweet girl that loves book and a naughty prince. It is just a dream everyone wishes to come true and it does for this one girl. This series has been one of the best I have read this year. It has kept me engaged with every word but this book is just the best one. It is so much more than I thought it would be and Prince Henry is GAH. Yep, gah. He is more than words can express. 


Some men are born responsible, some men have responsibility thrust upon them. Henry John
Edgar Thomas Pembrook, Prince of Wessco, just got the motherlode of all responsibility
dumped in his regal lap.
He's not handling it well.
Hoping to help her grandson to rise to the occasion, Queen Lenora agrees to give him "space" –
but while the Queen's away, the Prince will play. After a chance meeting with an American television producer, Henry finally makes a decision all on his own:
Welcome to Matched: Royal Edition.
A reality TV dating show featuring twenty of the world's most beautiful blue bloods
gathered in the same castle. Only one will win the diamond tiara, only one will capture the
handsome prince's heart.
While Henry revels in the sexy, raunchy antics of the contestants as they fight, literally, for his
affection, it's the quiet, bespectacled girl in the corner – with the voice of an angel and a body
that would tempt a saint – who catches his eye.
The more Henry gets to know Sarah Mirabelle Zinnia Von Titebottum, the more enamored he
becomes of her simple beauty, her strength, her kind spirit...and her naughty sense of humor.
But Rome wasn't built in a day – and irresponsible royals aren't reformed overnight.
As he endeavors to right his wrongs, old words take on a whole new meaning for the dashing
Prince. Words like, Duty, Honor and most of all – Love.

2 – Love Profound by Kelly Elliott


Everyone knows that I have a weakness for cowboys. Especially this particular one. Wade is everything. He makes you swoon on the spot with words that come out of his mouth. His actions back up his words. His dedication and love know no bounds. He is dedicated and that is what draws me to him. Meli is an author and these two just work. Watching their love story unfold is one of my favorites. This new series written by Kelly Elliott is definitely a hit in my eyes. 

I write about love, but I've never experienced it. Sure, I've been with guys that I cared about.
Even though I found 'the one'. He turned out to be the frog and not the prince.
A few Frank Sinatra songs and a wildly handsome cowboy who calls me Darlin', will have me
second guessing everything I ever thought I knew about love.
Does happily ever after really exist...or is it only something I write about in books?

1 – Grip and Still by Kennedy Ryan
New to me author. I have seen this books floating around a lot. I decided to dig in. I was not expecting this. I read them the last week of December. Read them is not even the correct book. I completely ravaged every word that was on each page. To say I am obsessed and more than impressed is a huge understatement. These books, these words, the meaning of it all, is just perfection. When I was finished I was completely speechless. There is no word to define this book. It is undefinable. It is too good for that. The power of these words is truth. I read and I knew that this book is more. More than just words, but it has the power to create change. Kennedy Ryan is an author I will stalk for more beautiful words. She does it so well. Words so mesmerizing that I still have them glued inside me. She covers so many topics that need to be read about. I need everyone to read these books. The prequel Flow is free. Go grab it now and read. Read and feel.


Resisting an irresistible force wears you down and turns you out. I know. I've been doing it for
years.
I may not have a musical gift of my own, but I've got a nose for talent and an eye for the extraordinary. And Marlon James – Grip to his fans – is nothing short of extraordinary.
Years ago, we strung together a few magical nights, but I keep those meories in a locked
drawer and I've thrown away the key. All that's left is friendship and work.
He's on the verse of unimaginable fame, all his dreams poised to come true. I manage his
career, but I can't seem to manage my heart.
It's wild, reckless, disobedient. And it remembers all the things I want to forget.







I'll be there
Through thick and thin.
Ride or die.
You can count on me.
The promises people make.
The vows we take.
Assumptions of the heart.
Emotion tells us how we feel, but life...life has a way of plunging us in boiling water, burning
away our illusions, testing our faith, trying our convictions.
Love floating is a butterfly, but love tested is an anchor.
For Grip and Bristol,
Love started at the top of the world.
On a Ferris wheel under the stars
But when that love is tested, will they fly or fail?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...